Complete the packing process efficiently, carefully and punctually
Moving is an overwhelmed experience that requires a lot of organization, concentration and time. Doesn’t matter the size of your move, you’ll have a lot of work to do. Our team is trained and ready to help you whenever you need it; but if you are alone with this difficult task, we’ve got some great tips that may help you to facilitate the process:
- Start collecting all the supplies that you’ll need. Before you start packing your belongings you have to be sure that you have all the materials that you’ll use such as boxes, markers, bubble wrap, etc.
- If your house or workplace is big, you should start the process of packing early.
- Reinforce the bottom of your boxes with packing tape for ensuring that your items won’t fall through the bottom while they are in transit.
- Start with items or rooms that you least need. All your ornaments, art pieces and items that you don’t use frequently can be packed first.
- Pack heavy items on the bottom of the box and lighter on top. Make sure that you don’t pack boxes heavier than 20 kilograms. You can be injured trying to lift a heavy box, so you must avoid hurting yourself.
- Pack one room at a time will help you stay organized and also will be easier the unpacking process.
- Get rid of all the things that you don’t need anymore. You can have a garage sale or give them to charity. If you do this step before you start packing could help you to maintain everything organized and you’ll have more space to work.
- Pack sensibly. When you are packing your valuables you should ensure that the items have an efficient protection so they don’t break.
- Seal all the bottles or items that could potentially break or leak during the move.
- Fill the gaps in the boxes with old newspapers or packing paper. This will secure your belongings for the moving.
- You can use bags instead of boxes for softer items such as sweaters or stuffed toys.
- If possible use the original boxes for all your electronics devices and take photos of the connection to remember how to put everything in place again once you arrive at your new home.
- Label your boxes: Write the contents on each box and the room that belongs. This is very important for the unpacking process, will be much easier for you if you have a complete control of the things that are in each box.
- Make sure that all the boxes can close and seal properly on top.